GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: STAGE 12. ALESSANDRO TONELLI FOURTH IN RIVOLI.
The Italian rider in the decisive breakaway that arrived at the finish line. He was the first Italian rider in the finishing order.
A 12th stage of the Giro d’Italia full of emotions, Alessandro Tonelli is the first Italian rider in the arrival order, he is one step below the podium. The second decisive breakaway with 98km to go, where Tonelli is very good at seizing the moment to anticipate everyone, with a few moments of difficulty on the last climb of Colle Braida.
The statements of Alessandro Tonelli: “I joined the first group of 20 riders, then also Covili and Gabburo joined, there was not much collaboration at the beginning among the other riders, at about 98km to go the group broke up and I found myself in front together with 5 others, we pushed to gain some margin in front, Gabburo gave me a great hand to close every attempt to catch us, we did a great teamwork. On the climb in the final I went of my pace and with the last energy in my body, I am happy with fourth place.”
1. Denz Nico (BORA-hansgrohe) in 04:18:11
2. Skujins Toms (Trek-Segafredo)
3. Berwick Sebastian (Israel-Premier Tech) + 03
4. Tonelli Alessandro (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) + 58
5. Frigo Marco (Israel-Premier Tech) + 02:07
6. Van Wilder Ilan (Soudal Quick-Step) + 02:20
7. Bettiol Alberto (EF Education-EasyPost)
8. Scaroni Cristian (Astana Qazaqstan Team)
9. Heßmann Michel (Jumbo-Visma)
10. Baudin Alex (AG2R Citroën Team)
Alessandro Tonelli is 19th in the GC.