GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: PELLIZZARI COMES CLOSE. 3RD IN THE FOURTH STAGE OF THE TOUR OF THE ALPS.
Pellizzari attacked on the last climb of Passo Primadiccio and was caught with 10km. Good 3rd place for the young man.
A near miss for the 19-year-old rider of Green Project Bardiani-CSF Faizanè, the breakaway started on the first climb of the race succeeded. Team-mate Henok Mulubrhan was in the breakaway group. On the final climb the attack of Pellizzari who will go down with a 20′ lead, he will be caught on the descent, there will be three riders left to fight for the victory. The victory went to Gregor MÜHLBERGER of Movistar team.
The words of Giulio Pellizzari: “We knew the breakaway would come, we did the first climb at a very high pace and managed to break away from the group. What a thrill to be third in such an important race, there is a bit of regret for not winning, in fact after the finish I banged my fist on the handlebars. Thanks to these races I am learning a lot from my mistakes, I definitely have to improve on the downhill, there is a big difference compared to the Under23 races”.
Thanks to these races I am learning a lot from my mistakes, I definitely have to improve on the downhill, there is a big difference compared to the Under23 races, this aspect I will have to improve. I have a lot to thank my team-mate Henok, who spurred me on this morning and helped me today during the breakaway.
1. Gregor Mühlberger (Movistar) in 4h16’53”.
2. Torstein Træen (Uno-X) s.t.
3. Giulio Pellizzari (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) s.t.
4. Patrick Konrad (Bora-hansgrohe) +40″.
5. Stefan De Bod (EF Education-EasyPost) s.t.
6. Oscar Rodriguez (Movistar) s.t.
7. Marco Frigo (Israel-PremierTech) s.t.
8. Geoffrey Bouchard (AG2R Citroën) s.t.
9. Mark Donovan (Q36.5) s.t.
10. Antonio Pedrero (Movistar) s.t.