GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: MALAYSIA. FIRST STAGE. 5th ZANONCELLO AND 6th CONFORTI.
Great start to the Tour de Langkawi, with Zanoncello and Conforti, making them the only Italians in the Top 10.
The opening stage of the Petronas Tour de Langkawi, covering a total distance of 187km and concluding in Kuala Terengganu, ended as anticipated with a sprint. After reeling in the day’s lone escapee at the 22km mark, the peloton geared up for the sprint. The athletes from Green Project Bardiani-CSF Faizanè were notably active, orchestrating the lead-out train at 12km to go. In the final kilometer, Davide Gabburo executed excellent work leading out. Also in impressive form was Lorenzo Conforti, who continues to be a revelation at just 19 years old, securing 6th place in a race, we should remind you, in the 2.Pro category. The teammate and favored Italian rider of the day, Enrico Zanoncello, finished the race in 5th place. These two #greenteam athletes are the sole Italians in the Top 10 for this opening stage. The victor of the day is Arvid De Kleijn.
Lorenzo Conforti has now amassed 7 Top 10 finishes and 2 notable podium placements this year, and in the forthcoming stages of the Tour de Langkawi, he will strive to reaffirm his prowess. Tomorrow brings another stage well-suited for sprinters, spanning from Kuala Terengganu to Kota Bharu. Tune in live from 7:15 (italian time) a.m. on TV via Eurosport 1 and via streaming on the Eurosport/GCN+ App.
RESULTS – STAGE 1 – TOUR DE LANGKAWI:
1. Arvid De Kleijn (Tudor) in 4h25’48”
2. Sasha Weemaes (Human Powered Health) s.t.
3. Gleb Syritsa (Astana Qazaqstan) s.t.
4. Mohamad Abdoul Halil (Malesia) s.t.
5. Enrico Zanoncello (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) s.t.
6. Lorenzo Conforti (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) s.t.
7. Carlos Canal (Euskaltel-Euskadi)
8. Tomas Barta (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA)
9. Harrif Saleh (Terengganu Polygon)
10. Nur Mazuki (Terengganu Polygon)