GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: LUCA COVILI IN THE BREAKAWAY TWICE IN THIS FINAL STAGE OF THE TOUR OF THE ALPS. 6TH PLACE OVERALL.
The Italian rider get into the first breakaway with team-mate Giulio Pellizzari in the early part of the race. After 45 km the group regrouped, and the second breakaway of 20 men with Covili inside started at km 50. He will finish the race in 6th position.
The final stage that closes this intense week between Austria and Trentino. Cavalese-Brunico, 136.9 km and 2900 m of altitude difference. A breakaway attempt by Luca Covili and #greenteam talent Giulio Pellizzari just a few kilometres from the start, the initial group was caught at km 45. Shortly after a second breakaway at km 60 of 20 riders, Luca Covili in the breakaway group, the maximum advantage will be 3’45”. In the final decisive climb of Mülbach/Riomolino, 7.8km at an average gradient of 8.2%. Luca Covili will start the last climb in the first positions, he will lose contact from the first 2km before the top.
He will arrive at the finish in Bruneck shortly after the top group in 6th position, hitting the Top10 and finishing this Tour of the Alps in 17th position in the GC.
1. Carr Simon (EF Education-EasyPost) in 3:43:28
2. Steinhauser Georg (EF Education-EasyPost) + 53
3. Fabbro Matteo (BORA-hansgrohe)
4. Lipowitz Florian (BORA-hansgrohe) + 55
5. Kulset Johannes (Uno-X Pro Cycling Team) + 01:21
6. Covili Luca (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) + 02:09
7. Bouchard Geoffrey (AG2R Citroën Team) + 02:40
8. Juaristi Txomin (Euskaltel-Euskadi)
9. Paret-Peintre Valentin (AG2R Citroën Team) + 02:50
10. Vendrame Andrea (AG2R Citroën Team) + 03:00