GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: HENOK MULUBRHAN WINS THIRD STAGE OF TOUR DU RWANDA. HE IS NOW LEADER OF THE GENERAL CLASSIFICATION.
What a victory for the African Continental Champion, after his near success in the first two stages, he won the third by beating everyone in the narrow sprint.
What a day for the Eritrean rider, the longest stage of the Tour du Rwanda, from Huye to Musanzegara, 200 km. An exciting and eventful race since the first stages, with the main group controlling a breakaway group of 3 riders that was caught on the last climb. A perfect teamwork of the #greenteam, in the middle of the race the help of Filippo Fiorelli and Manuele Tarozzi was fundamental, also the support of Alex Tolio and Davide Gabburo was essential to bring Henok back to the leading group in the last kilometres.
The African continental champion, together with two other riders, will catch Victor de la Parte of TotalEnergies at the head of the race and win the tight sprint.
Henok Mulubrhan’s statements: “It was a very hard stage and yesterday I did not feel very good after the race, I had stomach problems which fortunately I overcame this morning. On the last climb my teammates helped me to catch up with the leading group and win the tight sprint. It’s a great feeling to wear the overall leader’s jersey.”
ORDER OF ARRIVAL:
1. Mulubrhan Henok (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) in 5:13:37
2. Lecerf William Junior (Soudal Quick-Step Devo Team)
3. Budiak Anatolii (Terengganu Polygon Cycling Team) + 02
4. De La Parte Victor (TotalEnergies) + 07
5. Calzoni Walter (Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team) + 11
6. Bizkarra Mikel (Euskaltel-Euskadi)
7. Badilatti Matteo (Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team)
8. Gelders Gil (Soudal Quick-Step Devo Team)
9. Tolio Alex (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè)
10. Currie Logan (Bolton Equities Black Spoke)
1. Henok Mulubrhan 11:20:59
2. Lecerf William Junior ”
3. Budyak Anatoliy 0:02
4. De La Parte Victor 0:07
5 Walter Calzoni 0:11
6 Yemane Dawit ”
7 Eyob Metkel ”
8 Currie Logan ”
9 Muhoza Eric ”
10 Reinderink Pepijn ”