GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: GIULIO PELLIZZARI STILL PROTAGONIST AT TOUR DE L’AVENIR. THIRD IN THE SECOND HALF-STAGE AND NOW FOURTH IN GC.
Giulio Pellizzari stepped onto the podium during today's second half-stage of the Tour de l'Avenir. In the morning's initial time trial, he secured fourth place.
Giulio Pellizzari secured the third position in the second half-stage of the seventh day of racing at the Tour de l’Avenir. Earlier in the morning, the young man from Marche claimed the 4th spot in the time trial. The semi-stage was short yet demanding, featuring a climb that played a pivotal role in rider selection.
During the extended ascent to Val-Cenis Col du Mont Cenis, Giulio Pellizzari launched an attack within the last few kilometers, closely followed by Mexican rider Isaac Del Toro. This move enabled him to accumulate valuable seconds in comparison to the yellow jersey group, ultimately earning him a place on the podium. Alessandro Pinarello, Pellizzari’s teammate, clinched the 12th position.
The victor of the afternoon’s second semi-stage was Irishman Archie Ryan. As for the general classification, American Matthew Riccitello now holds the leadership, while Giulio Pellizzari advanced to the fourth position. Tomorrow will witness the eighth and final stage of the Tour de l’Avenir, encompassing a 100 km route with additional elevation gain.
2° SEMISTAGE RESULTS:
1. Archie RYAN (Irlande)
2. Isaac DEL TORO ROMERO (Mexique)
3. Giulio PELLIZZARI (Italie)
4. William Junior LECERF (Belgique)
5. Fernando Diego PESCADOR CASTRO (Colombie)
6. Johannes KULSET (Norvège)
7. Edgar Andres PINZON VILLALBA (Colombie)
8. Davide PIGANZOLI (Italie)
9. Matthew RICCITELLO (Etats-Unis)
10. Mathys RONDEL (France)
11. Embret SVESTAD-BARDSENG (Norvège)
12. Alessandro PINARELLO (Italie)
13. Lars CRAPS (Belgique)
14. Mats WENZEL (Luxembourg)
15. Tijmen GRAAT (Pays-Bas)
GC TOUR DE L’AVENIR (STAGE 7b):
1. Riccitello Matthew (USA) 19:12:08
2. Del Toro Isaac (Mexico) 0:54
3. Davide Piganzoli (Italia) 1:05
4. Giulio Pellizzari (Italia) 2:07