GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI-CSF FAIZANÈ: CZECH TOUR, 4TH PLACE FOR ZOCCARATO.
Amazing action from Zoccarato from afar, as he made a stunning 150km breakaway and secured a fantastic 4th place finish in the highly anticipated stage of the Czech Tour. Additionally, Luca Covili currently holds the 7th place in the GC.
The most anticipated stage, spanning 158.9 km from Moravska Trebova to Cervenohorske Sedlo, was marked by an impressive performance from Samuele Zoccarato. He initiated a breakaway from afar, joining 4 other riders with just 10 km to go. However, on the final climb, the General Classification (GC) contenders caught up with them. Zoccarato crossed the finish line in an admirable 4th position, with 44” behind Staune Mittet. Notably, this achievement further solidifies his record as the rider with the most breakaway kilometers covered in 2023. Meanwhile, his teammate, Luca Covili, currently holds a respectable 7th position overall.
Reflecting on his remarkable feat, Zoccarato stated, “I started immediately at full-gas, but I didn’t expect to maintain the breakaway for such a long distance. It was a close call, and I felt I had exceptional form. I attempted to match Mittet’s pace in pursuit of victory, but I had expended too much energy. Nevertheless, I am content with the result, and we’ll see what to do tomorrow in the last stage.”
L’ORDINE D’ARRIVO – TERZA TAPPA CZECH TOUR:
1. Staune-Mittet Johannes (Jumbo-Visma) in 4:12:56
2. Lipowitz Florian (BORA-hansgrohe) + 02”
3. Taaramäe Rein (Intermarché-Circus-Wanty) + 10”
4. Zoccarato Samuele (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè) + 44”
5. Nerurkar Lukas (Trinity Racing) + 01:43”
6. Bonneu Kamiel (Team Flanders-Baloise)
7. Hollyman Mason (Israel-Premier Tech) + 01:45”
8. Otruba Jakub (ATT Investments)
9. Zwiehoff Ben (BORA-hansgrohe)
10. Graat Tijmen (Jumbo-Visma) + 01:51”
In Francia, nella quarta tappa del Tour Alsace, arriva il 10° posto del classe 2004 Conforti allo sprint, Alessandro Pinarello è 9° in classifica generale, con un ritardo di 1’31” da Berwick della Israel Premier Tech Academy. Domani la frazione conclusiva in diretta sul canale you tube di Groupe Larger.