GREEN PROJECT BARDIANI CSF FAIZANÈ: 9TH PLACE FOR LUCA COLNAGHI IN THE FINAL STAGE OF TIRRENO ADRIATICO. SAMUELE ZOCCARATO ALWAYS IN THE BREAKAWAY.
Another excellent team performance at the Tirreno Adriatico: Zoccarato made a 140km breakaway and almost reached the finish line with six other riders, who were only caught with 3km to go.
Last stage of the Tirreno Adriatico in San Benedetto del Tronto, first part of the race with many climbs, the second part was flat with the 5 laps, Samuele Zoccarato still protagonist in this Tirreno Adriatico, persistent in the breakaway group with 6 other riders at 10km from the start, after the top of the climb the 7 will gain a significant advantage of 2’30, increased to 3′ 30” at 100km to go. The main group began a slow and gradual recovery of the disadvantage, trying to get the sprinters to sprint, the breakaway group was in danger of reaching the finish line, Great show of strength by Zoccarato, who did not give an inch in this last stage, caught only 3 km from the finish. Luca Colnaghi finished 9th. The order of arrival is composed by WorldTour riders:
1. PHILIPSEN Jasper (Alpecin-Deceuninck)
2. GROENEWEGEN Dylan (Jayco Alula)
3. DAINESE Alberto (Team DSM)
4. BAUHAUS Phil (Bahrain – Victorious)
5. CONSONNI Simone (Cofidis)
6. NIZZOLO Giacomo (Israel – Premier Tech)
7. MEEUS Jordi (BORA – hansgrohe)
8. RUSSO Clément (Team Arkéa Samsic)
9. COLNAGHI Luca (Green Project-Bardiani CSF-Faizanè)
10. GAVIRIA Fernando (Movistar Team)
ISTRIAN SPRING TROPHY:
The Istrian Spring Trophy also ends with Alessio Martinelli in 4th place in the general classification, yesterday’s stage decided the race. 12th Iker Bonillo in the final sprint in Umag. The general classification goes to Tijmen Graat of Jumbo Visma, winner of yesterday’s queen stage.